Sunday 10 September 2017

Letter (On Dreams) 10/9/17

The Residence
10/9/17

I have of late been suffering from what I can only call psychosomatic dreams - dreams that leave residual physical symptoms upon waking. 
The details of these dreams are only clear in that fragile state that exists between sleep and awake and once a step is taken into the latter realm the dream is shattered irreparably and I am lucky if I recall the simplest detail.
The clearest detail I do have is from a dream which has yet to reoccur - in it I am at some point pierced in the testicle with a fine, long needle - for what reason I am unsure, though a sense of female retribution hangs over the event - and I awoke with a throbbing ache in the relevant region.
Other symptoms I have awakened with indicate that I had undergone physical exertions in some of my dreams, complete with racing heart.
At other times I have been left feeling emotionally worn out and compromised as though I had undergone some terribly trying trial. 
What these dreams can mean I do not know. But how I welcome their cessation.

SP  

No comments:

Post a Comment