Sunday 17 July 2011

Jurassic Park, 15/7/11, GFT

Another late night screening of a classic movie this past Friday; 'Jurassic Park' - a movie I've not seen for nigh on eight years.
I saw this twice on its original release which would have been when I was about 13 years of age. It was impressive then and it remains impressive today.


The direction, cast, music and effects all hold up well nearly twenty years (!) later. The latter is surprisingly true given the advances in CG technology, but those 'early' effects actually stand up better than most contemporary computer effects. Maybe because they are used only when needed and not, as today, virtually everywhere. But for whatever reason, I am more impressed by them, and how good they are, than I am when I see a recent, special effect-laden film.

Again the GFT screening was pretty near full it's just a shame that the bunch of twatty students who elected to sit behind my party decided that it was a showing of 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' and could talk (loudly) all the way throughout the film. They evidently thought it was a bring your own booze event too since they went through many a can of beer throughout the screening, leaving an array of litter behind them that I pitied the cleaners having to clear up.
It still puzzles me how people can have such a disregard for the other people that are attending and also for the property within which they sit. I also struggle to appreciate why such idiots would attend a film screening in the first place; they clearly weren't there to watch the film!
Morons!

No comments:

Post a Comment