Tuesday 26 July 2011

Use well the days. If you can.

Sometimes (often actually) I feel that fibromyalgia is winning the war on my life.
Today, as for the past few days, the sun has been shining down on us amidst blue skies. Summer!

I, however, have been feeling really quite terrible and find it a great struggle to even get to my kitchen.
Fatigue, lack of concentration and sluggishness are a few of the things I am combating each day and on such glorious days I feel like that I am so missing out on things. I am forced to endure memories of when I was able to enjoy the days and the nostalgia wracks me up!

I keep fighting against it but I fear that all my efforts are in vain as every small effort I make costs me more in pain and lethargy. So when I do attempt to make the most of the sun, I cannot.

It has not gone unnoticed that my social life has almost breathed its last. I imagine that it's at times like these that you realise who actually really gives a shit about you. Certainly in the last few years people have distanced themselves and fibromyalgia has cost me relationship wise.

As it is I am loathe to look out of the window, after all it only reinforces what I am missing out on in life.

I am aware that I am, perhaps, not as reconciled with this condition as I once thought I was ...

No comments:

Post a Comment